1. EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (Master’s Degree in Mental Health field with minimum 7 years supervisory/administrative experience) Oversees the general operations of the Residential Treatment Program to ensure that its many functions are carried out as set forth in Licensing and Agency Standards/Policies/Guidelines. Interacts with the Board of Directors of Unity Children’s Home, Inc through scheduled meetings. Develops and interprets policy and establishes procedure as needed to achieve Agency and Program goals. Meets with Administrative Team members to address such matters as personnel issues, Program design issues, community support and interaction with agency, establishing the agency’s position concerning a particular matter with community entities, etc. Additionally, the Executive Director may conduct such matters as the intake of a new resident, participate in a resident’s school ARD meeting, participate in the formulation of various assessments and the creation of plans for residents, and participate as s member of the Treatment Team. The Executive Director directly supervises other members of the Administrative Team. Reports to the Board of Directors.
2. PROGRAM ASSISTANT (Bachelor Degree in a human service field from an accredited college or university). Minimum of three years of experience working with children diagnosed with emotional disorders and a minimum of three years functioning in a supervisory capacity. Experience in case management and good writing and communication skills. Must have knowledge in Minimum Standards, state requirements and the law. Responsible for collecting data on each residents (boys) from all members of the the Multidisciplinary Treatment Team. Notifying caseworker of the meeting and composing the child’s Treatment Plan at the boy’s facility.
3. PROGRAM MANAGER (Bachelor Degree in a Health Professional from an accredited college or university). Minimum of three years of experience working with children diagnosed with emotional disorders and a minimum of three years functioning in a supervisor capacity. Responsible for developing program contracts. Responsible for Personnel and supervised the Case Managers, and staff of the boys’ facility.. Review and approval of admission and review intake packages for the boys’ facility and the CPA. Maintain monthly statistics and data needed for program accountability. Assist in developing policies and procedures. Manage the appeal process and respond to the client within the time limit. Provide training to staff when assigned by the Executive Director. Supervised the Maintenance personnel. Assist Executive Director in special tasks. Report to the Executive Director.
3. TREATMENT DIRECTOR/CLINICAL DIRECTOR (Master's Degree in Mental Health field from accredited college or university). Minimum of 5 years of experience working with children diagnosed with emotional disorders and a minimum of 5 years functioning in a supervisory capacity. Must be familiar with DSM diagnostic information and can work independently to meet deadlines and address issues that are time limited. Responsibilities include overseeing work of mental health and recreational therapists to ensure that adequate therapeutic services are provided to residents in accordance with Residential Treatment Contract stipulations; oversees/monitors medication therapy program to ensure that medications are administered in accordance with Contract stipulations and as doctors prescribe; coordinates and participates in weekly treatment team meetings; formulates Initial and Comprehensive treatment plans for residents in the Residential Treatment Program; participates in formulation of written assessments of new residents; reviews and approves packets for intake of new residents into the Program; supervises administrative staff members of the Residential Treatment Program; recruitment and Program development. Responsible for conducting agency training and formulating staff development curriculum. Reports to the Executive Director.
4. LICENSED CHILD CARE ADMINISTRATOR (Meets qualifications set forth by the state of Texas for licensing as an administrator of a 24 hour residential treatment facility) Responsible for the overall program operations, ensuring compliance with all licensing standards. Participates as a member of the Multi-Disciplinary Team. Responsible for supervision of employees, development of employees work schedules, performance evaluations, and the conducting of investigations into situations involving allegations of mal-treatment of residents. Responsible for ordering and periodic review of Psychotropic Medications on each resident. Responsible for scheduling of weekly recreational activities for residents. Responsible for conducting periodic fire drills. Report and secure repairs to the facility as needed for the safety and comfort of residents. Does Case Management for residents assigned to specific location and attends scheduled PPT meetings with TDFPS. Available to the facility 24 hours a day to ensure adequate program coverage and to address any emergency that might arise. The Administrator at the Trickey Road Location reports to the Clinical Director, Morris Knapp. The Administrator at River Valley reports to the Executive Director, Vivian Okundaye.
5. CASE MANAGER (Bachelor Degree in a human service field from an accredited college or university/Preferred Masters Degree). Minimum of three years of experience working with children diagnosed with emotional disorders and a minimum of three years functioning in a supervisory capacity. Experience in case management and good writing and communication skills. Must have knowledge in Minimum Standards, state requirements and the law. Responsible for collecting data on each residents (boys) from all members of the the Multidisciplinary Treatment Team. Notifying caseworker of the meeting and composing the child’s Treatment Plan at the girls’s facility.
6. ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (High School Diploma plus two years of college) .Must have experience working in a Residential Treatment Facility) Provides emotional support, demonstrates compassion and provides guidance to residents on a 24 hour basis. Serves on the Multidisciplinary Team. Schedule and arrange transportation to residents’ appointments. Attend and participate in school meetings. Interact directly with residents. Handle Grievous Reports. Report to the Program Manager.
7. FACILITY STAFF Full-time and part-time (Child Care Supervisors and Child Care Workers), maintaining minimum staff/child ratio as required by the licensing division of the Texas Department of Protective and Regulatory Services. Responsible for providing a therapeutic milieu, supervising all children in their daily routine activities and assisting in the implementation of the goals contained in residents’ treatment plans. Participates as member of the Multidisciplinary Team. Reports to the Licensed Child Care Administrator.
8. SPRING INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT SCHOOL LIAISON Responsible for maintaining effective communication between Unity Children's Home and the Spring Independent School District. Required to attend Administrative Reviews and Dismissals (ARD); responds to the school regarding disciplinary actions taken on residents. Liaison person for Trickey Road location reports to Clinical Director. Liaison person for River Valley location reports to Executive Director
9. SERVICE COORDINATOR/PROGRAM SUPERVISOR (High School Diploma) Provides support to LCCA and staff with procedural matters and with residents. Transports residents to some appointments and assist in medication monitoring. Other duties as assigned by LCCA or other member of Administrative Team.