1. PHYSICIAN (Licensed Practitioner in the state of Texas) as needed Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. for all medical assessments, examinations and illness. Reports to the Executive Director.
2. DENTIST (Licensed Dentist in the state of Texas) as needed Monday - Tuesday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Wednesday - Thursday, 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., Friday, 9:00 - 12:00 noon. Responsible for all dental assessments, cleanings and fillings. Referrals will be made for specialized services as the need arises. Reports to the Executive Director.
3. REGISTERED NURSE (Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Texas) with specialized training in the treatment of emotional and mental health disorders. The nurse is available 24 hours (on call) for consultation with staff concerning medical/health issues for residents classified as “Intense”. The nurse will participate as a member of the Multi-Disciplinary Treatment as needed.
4. PSYCHIATRIST (Licensed Physician in the state of Texas with advanced training in the diagnosis and treatment of emotional and mental health disorders). Provision of care, seven (7) days per week, 24 hours per day. Responsible for prescribing and monitoring medication therapy of residents. Serves on the multi-disciplinary team. Available 16 hours per month for routine and ongoing contact with residents. Reports to the Executive Director,.
5. PSYCHOLOGIST (Licensed in the state of Texas and in accordance with the Psychologist Certification and Licensing Act). Serves on the Multi-Disciplinary Treatment Team. Responsible for assessment and development of Psychological Evaluations on residents annually. Reports to the Executive Director.
6. LICENSED MASTERS LEVEL THERAPIST (LPC, LMSW-ACP, LMFT – Masters Degree in Mental Health Field) Responsible for developing and/or assisting in the development of Comprehensive Treatment Plans, quarterly reviews of these plans, and the production of progress reports from sessions with residents. Provides individual, group and family counseling on a weekly basis. Participates as a member of the Multidisciplinary Treatment Team. Each therapist is available at least 11 hours per week. Reports to the Clinical Director.
7. TRANSITIONAL INDEPENDENT LIFE SKILLS COUNSELOR (Bachelors of Science Criminal Justice/Specialization in Juvenile Justice, M.A. Counseling) The Counselor provide Transitional Living Skills Training to residents weekly. Groups focuses on resident's identifying their strengths, weaknesses and positive qualities. Residents discover their unique likes and dislikes, and identify future goals and expectations. The Counselor will participate on the Multi-disciplinary Treatment Team. Therapist is available 3 hours per week. Each group session is one hour in duration. Reports to the Clinical Director.
8. CHAPLAIN (The chaplain has completed a curriculum of theological classes and displays skills and competencies in pastoral care) The chaplain is a full member of the Multidisciplinary Treatment Team who provides for the pastoral needs of residents/families, and staff. Specifically, the chaplain assists residents/families to understand more fully life's events as they relate to their spiritual and emotional well-being from the resident's/families' life experience. The chaplain may offer prayer or reflection.